How to lower a rapid heart beat rate?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
what can i do to9 lower my 99bpm heart rate
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 27 minutes later

First of all, in order to help you in the best possible way, I would need details regarding the cause of your fast heart rate the past medical history, onset, duration and progress of your symptoms and details of any investigations done like electrocardiogram, blood pressure, any blood tests etc.

Fast heart rate in normal individual with regular beats could commonly just be as a result of stress and anxiety too.

So for relief, the cause of the tachycardia has to be determined, on which the treatment would depend.

Looking forward for your reply.

Follow-up: How to lower a rapid heart beat rate? 49 minutes later
The onset of the rapid rate was sudden awakening from a long sleep, but it has persisted for days. Please recommend a treatment rather than asking more questions. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 23 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

Ideally tachycardia is termed when heart rate is more than 100 beats per minute and the treatment can be varied like anti-thyroid drugs if the cause is hyperthyroidism, anti-hypertensive drugs for associated high blood pressure, anti arrhythmic for any cardiac arrhythmia, antidepressants and anxiolytics for depression and anxiety problems.

So though I understand your concern, I would suggest you to please get yourself evaluated for starting appropriate treatment.

Till then try to avoid stress, practice XXXXXXX breathing exercises like yoga or any relaxation technique like meditation to seek some relief.

Also drink plenty of fluids and avoid caffeine and alcohol, exercise regularly and take a balanced diet for balancing your body hormones and physiology.

Hope I have answered your query.