How to improve erection and sperm count?

Infertility Specialist
I have been married since 5 yrs currently. Till now we didn't have a baby.My sperm count was less. How can i improve erection and sperm count. Kindly advice
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 13 hours later

Looking at your semen analysis & scan report following things are suggested,

1. If you had done semen analysis only once, kindly repeat it once again with 3-4 days of sexual abstinence, because there is naturally wide variation in sperm count when tested at different times.

2. Scan report suggests varicocele, but it’s not sufficient evidence to get treatment for varicocele. You can get yourself examined by any experienced urologist/infertility specialist for clinically significant varicocele (grade II, III or IV). If clinically significant varicocele is present, you can get it treated by a small operation to improve sperm count. If clinically significant varicocele is not present no need to treat it.

3. For further improvement, you can do hormone tests like FSH, testosterone, E2 & TSH levels & get any abnormality treated.

4. If you do not have diabetes, erection problem is psychogenic. You can take medicines like Viagra for few days, but mostly counselling should be sufficient to treat it.

5. Regarding conception other factors like below have to be consider to comment on.
Your wife's age,
Status of uterine tubes,
Previous treatment taken &
Your semen report, after correction of the factors mentioned above.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.