How to handle an unexpected and unwanted pregnancy ?

Doctor, My wife missed periods and its 40days since last velocity test strip shows positive....But we do not want kids anymore as we already have one..Pls suggest..
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 27 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX thanks for posting query.

Dear there is always a paradox in life.Some people want child and they spend lakhs of rupees on treatment,and some cases the pregnancy happens unplanned with lots of social issues that one can not continue.This is just a simple thought that has come to my mind,as I just had a patient whose 3rd attempt for IVF failed.God is great.

Any way coming to your query,missed period and positive test means your wife is pregnant.

You have an option for taking abortion pills that are freely available in marker,sooner is better.Means your wife need to take them as soon as possible,in most of the cases of early pregnancy the results are good.And there is not problem after that.

But for this dear you need to visit your gynecologist.Why because each and every individual is different so she needs some basic routine physical check up like blood pressure and other things then she can freely take tablets like this.
This pills are safe ,but still in some patients they lead to some side effects so they have to be taken under supervision of a doctor.

Without wasting time please see your gynecologist and take the tablets.No special precautions are needed.After the completed the course for next couple of months she might have altered monthly cycle so be careful.And for next time to avoid such accidents please use regular family planning method,like pills,Intrauterine devices as per your choice and discussion with your doctor.

I hope I have taken care of your query,still if something more you want to know ,please write to me again.Bye for now and take care.

Follow-up: How to handle an unexpected and unwanted pregnancy ? 2 days later
Doctor, we have already a 6yrs old son and it was 7yrs gap and now my wife got pregnant, we dicided to terminate because we both are not very good in health, i have uric acid, she has undergone appendicitis surgery & may get sugar & BP like her mom at 40yrs, So as our son already has thyroid & uric acid... so we dont want another child to suffer with health issues...moreover now the world has changed like no manners, no culture, injustice everywhere in everystep & there are signs of end of earth by 2012 like sunami's etc., so we decided to terminate... & consulted the gynaecologist and finished scan and all procedure & took pills ...She is taking rest and fine.. Thank you Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 4 hours later

Good to hear from you.

That was nothing personal, it was just a human beings reaction rather than an doctors advice.

Any way it is good that things are now fine and are in place as per your preference.Just take care and be hopeful. Things will be fine. You do not have any major medical issues.

Wishing you a happy and healthy life.