How to get rid of very dry spot in throat causing sleeplessness during pregnancy?

Very dry spot in throat that I can't get rid of, unable to sleep - 15 weeks pregnant
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the problem I would like to tell you that there can be many causes for having this problem and it will be difficult to point out one . Excessive snoring, tobacco use, consuming too much caffeine , sleep apnoea etc. Individuals who snore breathe through their mouths during the night, which dries up saliva and often disrupts sleeping patterns which is a common cause and can occur in your case . Most of the patients are not aware of this. Some drugs like anti allergics , and throat , nasal allergies lead to this also. Sucking on hard candies or throat lozenges can be very soothing , avoid eating sugary and dry foods in night . Keeping yourself well hydrated whole day . If it still persists then evaluation will be necessary as some disease also lead to such symptoms. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: How to get rid of very dry spot in throat causing sleeplessness during pregnancy? 10 minutes later
It's part of a cold and cough i have had for the last 3 days. But it has become very severe and the cough very bad.. I have tried hot drinks, cough drops, benedrill, hmidifyer, as i am pregnant, anythig else i can do?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows . Detailed Answer: Dear Madam , Yes definitely infections can lead to this throat irritation . Since you say that the cough is very severe you need to see a doctor for this . You will probabaly require a course of antibiotics for controlling the issue . But a physical examination will be required for deciding this . Dr. Shruti