How to get rid of tobacco?

Hello Sir!!! its XXXXXXX here(age 41)...would request n seek your advice for tobacco (gutka) habits
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Submucosal fibrosis. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. Gutka (Betel Nut) chewing as you must be aware can lead to Oral Cancer. The symptom you are describing might be because of complication of Gutka Chewing called as "Submucosal Fibrosis". It might be an initial stage , later you will have difficulty in opening your mouth even a little bit. I would advice you to get an evaluation of your oral cavity by an ENT Surgeon , and for dental issues you should meet a dentist. I would advice you to immediately stop this habit. For addiction problem , you can use Nicotex 4mg Chewing gum , if you get clearance from ENT surgeon and dentist that you don't have any oral ulcers. Nicotex would be very helpful for you. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD