How to get rid of the crawling biting sensation on the scalp after using crystal meth?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012

Dermatologist
Question
How do you get rid of the crawling biting sensation on the scalp after using crystal meth; for my son, he keeps rubbing his scalp and gets agitated and angry,
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 5 hours later

While I empathize with your son's & your predicament, the solution lies in visiting a good psychiatrist at the earliest possible, perhaps admitting your son into rehab & at the same time, a dermatologist's opinion may be sought.

In the interim, please use a topical steroid lotion on the scalp twice a day that your chemist may be happy to provide over the counter for symptomatic relief.

Cheers & hope this was useful but again, I stress, please visit your psychiatrist!

Please do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD, Dermatologist, Bangalore, India