How to get rid of reoccurring acne on nose?

i keep getting acnes on my nose side areas how to get ride of it and with the marks left now?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Demelanizing agents might help Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX If you have a reddish or brown marks on your nose/face due to a bad zit, it should eventually fade away but might take a little longer (12 months or more). In my opinion, demalanizing agents like kojic acid/ hydroquinone/ azelaic acid etc (which decrease the skin pigmentation) might help you and I suggest to talk to your dermatologist for further management. Tips for minimizing the acne: 1.Drink 8 glasses of water/day. 2.Wash your face several times a day with plain water. 3.Use a pore minimizing face wash. For scars, chemical peels with or without microdermabrasion will help to improve the appearance of scarred area. Hope this answers your query. Keep us posted for further queries.
Follow-up: How to get rid of reoccurring acne on nose? 55 minutes later
Iam not convinced with your answer....i consulted dermatologist few times and had bad experience.Is there any home remedy or particular cream in market you can suggest which is not chemical based as others.
Answered by Dr. Praveen 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Home remedies might not have assuring results Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing back. When the zits popped they heal leaving a scar/dark spot (hyperpigmentation) which is a natural phenomenon during healing of these belmishes. I completely understand that you are not convinced with allopathic medicine. Benefits from home remedies might not be assuring.Some of them are (you may choose according to your convenience) : 1.Massaging dark spot lemon peel, it might have a tingling sensation at first, but it helps. If done over a regular period of time you will see your dark spots getting lightened and ultimately fade away. Apart from this, you can mix 2 tablespoon of lemon juice, few drops of honey and rose water in a bowl. Just apply on the affected area and leave for fifteen minutes. Wash with water. 2.Flax seed oil is rich in Vitamin E and you can apply it locally. 3.Try paste of neem leaves with turmeric and gramflour for dark spots and wash after the paste has dried up. 4.Mint leaves paste is found to be effective in treating acne scars. 5.Orange powder is rich in vitamin C and works well to lighten up the acne scars. 6.Another natural recipe is - mix oatmeal powder, yoghurt and lemon into a fine paste add a few drops of rose water to it and apply on the scars. 7.Rubbing potato slice on the acne spots is also considered effective since potato is a natural bleaching agent. You can try Eraser Antimarks Cream and Eraser Acne & Pimple Cure Cream or Nomarks Cream which might help you - both of them are ayurvedic/herbal preparations and not chemical based. I hope this helps you.