How to get rid of keloids?

I have a kelloid on my chest, which started 4 years ago. It has been growing though at a slow rate, and now it is 1inchx1inch size. I have seen many doctors who say that the kelloid is harmless and does not go with the medication and ointments and need to be removed with laser, but there is a high chances of it reapperaing at the same location. I feel a great sense of itching especially when sweat accumulates in that location. Not just on the chest, Kelloid forms where ever I get injured. Can you please let me know what can be done to get rid of that. If we cannot get rid of it, can I do something to stop its growth and eliminate the possibility of kelloid where I get injured.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: intra leisonal steroid Detailed Answer: Hello Keloids are known for recurrence. It must not be removed by LASER. I usually give intra lesions steroid injection to my patients and they get very good response. I would like to know, have you ever taken these steroid injections? There are silicon and allium gels available in market which give response to some extent but steroids are wonderful in keloid treatment. Thank you
Follow-up: How to get rid of keloids? 25 minutes later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I did not take steroid injections yet, but will it only remove kelloid at the location where the injection has been given or will it help to remove all kelloids on the skin in the body. I would like to know the cost of the injections as well. I have used silicon and allium gels and they did not reduce the keloid size and they are very expensive as well
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Steroid injection is given directly into the keloid hence it can only reduce the size of injected keloid. This injection is given once a month and cost is around 500 rupees per lesion. You can try it once. The results are usually good. Thank you.
Follow-up: How to get rid of keloids? 3 days later
Can you please let me know where I can get it done...I want to try it once!!
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer: meet a dermatologist Detailed Answer: Hello It is a simple procedure and can be given by any dermatologist. Please meet a dermatologist in your area. Thank you