How to get rid of cracks in the corner of my lips?

May 2013
i have cracks in the corner of my lips that get red,burn and a crust forms on them...please help me get rid of this curse!
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Angular chelitis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to your description the condition you mentioned could be angular chelitis. It can occur due to causes like: - Continuously saliva touching the area -Frequently licking the area -Unable to close the mouth properly due to braces etc -Vitamin deficiency -Iron deficiency -Fungal infection etc. So, you once consult dermatologist and get examined to find out the presence of fungal infection. If there is any evidence of fungal infection, you may need antifungal cream. And avoid licking the area, take multivitamin and mineral supplements. After cracks heal better to use lip balm as a preventive measure. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.