How to get relief from sharp pain in breast?

I have been getting a sharp piercing pain in my right breast straight from nipple in XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later

You symptom of breast pain localized to nipple could be due to estrogen supplementation which you are consuming.
One of the most common side effects of estrogen is breast pain seen in 60% of women.

I recommend you to

1. Get a mammography done to rule out any pathology.
2. Reduce the dose of estrogen after consulting your treating doctor.
3. Consume low fat diet; avoid caffeine.
4. Use loose fitting garments.
5. Report immediately to your doctor, if there is nipple discharge, lumps in the breast or fever with chills.

Fortunately, the vast majority of patients with breast pain do not have breast cancer.

Hope I have answered all your queries. You can ask me anytime for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer