How to get relief from lower abdominal pain?

to my brother lower Andaman pain
Posted Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 minutes later

I would like to know some more details on your brother's problem to understand better and opine specifically.

Since when does he have abdominal pain?
Is the pain continuous or intermittent?
Does he have constipation, loose stools or vomiting?
Has he taken any medications for the pain?

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: How to get relief from lower abdominal pain? 44 hours later
yes he was taken medicine for this pain and this pain was intermittent
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

Thanks for the information.

I suggest your brother to follow below simple home remedies. Those will help to get rid of the abdomen pain.

1) Adding ginger to the tea he consumes will put the pain. As ginger has both anti-inflammatory and helps in digestion, it prevents any pains due to inflammatory or gastrointestinal (GI) upset.

2) Taking lemon juice with honey helps in digestion and prevents any sort of GI upset.

3) Mixture of one teaspoon of ajwain, some lemon juice and a pinch of black salt in warm water taken in the night eases the digestion and prevent intermittent pains in the nights.

4) Bananas are considered to be one of the best home remedies for stomach cramps. Low level of potassium may result into stomach cramps and since banana is a XXXXXXX source of potassium, it will definitely help in giving relief from the cramps.

If the above remedies fail, he would need to get an abdomino pelvic Ultrasound scan to rule out any structural deformities or renal pathologies which could cause such pain. A competent gastroenterologist can guide him to get the scans done.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you need any clarifications.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: How to get relief from lower abdominal pain? 4 hours later
Thanks doctor.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later
You are welcome.

Thanks for using this service.