How to get relief from burping and choking feeling in throat?

I get lot of burps and feeling of choking in throat immediately after eating any kind of food even a small amount.It lasts for an hour and I'm fine later.I guess due to extra effort i put in burping, my ears are ringing sometime.It feels very unpleasant and not able to concentrate on work at that time. Pls help me
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 26 hours later
Hi and thanks for contacting XXXXXXX
Burping after food may be due to -
1) Bringing out swallowed air also called as aerophagia
2) A voluntary effort at releiving an XXXXXXX discomfort
Both of these are part of supradiaphragmatic burping
3) A decrease in gastric compliance and a laxity of lower esophageal sphincter leading to burping
The choking sensation in the throat may be due to a bad reflux or a web in the esophagus
Considering both together it is probably a bad gastroesophageal reflux that is troubling you. Some ear diaturbances can also occur with throat problems as well as with vigorous vomiting
I would suggest you to take food atleast 2 hrs before retiring to bed, have the head end of the bed elevated by 10cms and do some deep breathing exercises like alom vilom. you can get in contact with a GP and get a prescription for a PPI and prokinetic