How to ease constant ache due to hard painful pea sized lump on my inner wrist?
User rating for this question
I woke up with a hard painful pea sized lump on my inner wrist - causing a constant ache and can only bend my wrist kn certain directions? I didn't bump it just woke up like that??? No health insurance - please help!
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Try Motrin/Tylenol, persistence=consultation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about these pains and the lump on your wrist. For, lumps around the wrist joint often represent synovial cysts. A synovial cyst is the collection of joint fluid in a cavity outside the joint space. The spontaneous onset with no history of trauma makes this likely. Initial management would have been a clinical exam and maybe an x-ray if need be. We often start managing with anti inflammatory to control symptoms and only consider surgical excision if it becomes so worrisome. Because you have no medical insurance and there is no life threatening condition right now, I will suggest that you try Tylenol/Motrin to control your symptoms. If they should persist, please go in for examination and investigation just to make sure we are not missing out on anything. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- Bruised hard lump on inner wrist
- Symptoms of rare congenital defects
- Wrist pain with a lump on left inner side
- Cervical cancer taken chemotherapy radiotherapy chances of conceiving
- Hard lump on wrist painful
- Inner wrist hard lump
- Symptoms of pyridoxine deficiency
- Symptoms of leg fatigue
- Sudden dizziness unable to walk without bumping into walls suggestions
- Symptoms of generalised muscle weakness
- Chest pain taking zantac blood test normal have ibs
- Loss of consciousness involuntary movement of arms legs and trunk
- Symptoms of tb infertility
- Persisting neck pain feels like bruise fatigue
- Inner elbow lump symptoms wrist pain