How to confirm paternity of the baby during pregnancy?

had sex 5/28/13 with guy 1 took Ellaone 5/30/13 had sex again on 06/04,6,8,and 9th by guy#2. had a early period 06/15 for 5 days. tested negative for pregnancy on 06/13 and 07/1. Had sex on 06/23rd to and 07/1 with guy2 tested positive 07/07. Im hoping its because of the sex i had with guy#2 the entire end of XXXXXXX after my period. First untrasound on 07/31 measured me at 6 weeks 6 days. Would that lean towards guy #2?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Second Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. From the timing you describe it sounds like number two is your man for bothering this pregnancy. In addition the earlier and ultrasound was carried out in the pregnancy the more likely it is to be precise. A six-week 6 day ultrasound on 7/31 puts you conceiving between late XXXXXXX and early July, six weeks six days from first day of the last menses midway between the dates you give for #2. sperm can conceive up to three days after ejaculation. it's number two by the numbers. If you want 100% certainty you need to do a paternity test after the baby is born. DNA never lies. Regards,
Follow-up: How to confirm paternity of the baby during pregnancy? 2 hours later
Ok thank you, i was just concerned because after i hit about 34 weeks my baby has been measuring larger. Which threw my due dates around. For example on feb 20th per ultrasound i measured at 37 or 38 weeks with a short cervix. Baby was 2.999 grams. Is this common? Now dr says any day now .
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Due date once established early is fixed. Detailed Answer: The earlier a due date is established the more accurate it is. Events that occur later in pregnancy such as a small for dateis baby or large for dates baby will have other explanations not that the due date was wrong. The numbers you describe are perfectly accurate for 37-38 weeks. The shortening of the cervix is also normal in the last weeks of pregnancy. A term pregnancy is anywhere between 38 and 42 weeks. It does not mean that the due date has changed. 'Any day' is a pretty vague term. My guess is you will be closer to 39 to 40 weeks as are most women. All pregnancies start out the same which is why that early ultrasound matching your dates is so accurate. The individual variation of late pregnancy does not change your last menstrual period, early ultrasound or probably date of conception. During the years that I practiced obstetrics and delivered thousands of babies I never changed a due date established by such a method.