How to check the bad odour of vagina?

Mar 2013
I was wondering. Now can a woman tell whether her Vagina smells bad like fish? I am not smelling any foul smell but I am still concerned my vagina could smell like fish and not even know it. I'm also concerned that is could smell and only other people can tell but not me. So how do I know whether I smell bad.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
You would most definitely know if you smell bad, and your vaginal discharge is fishy or offensive.
Firstly, when you use the restroom and clean yourself during a bath , you would notice the foul and abnormal smell.
Secondly, whenever you change your clothes, particularly your undergarments, the smell would be noticeable on your inner clothes / panties / panty liners / bottoms or trousers.
Thirdly, if you are sexually active , your partner would definitely mention it if you had it.
Fourth, with an abnormally malodorous vaginal discharge, there would invariably be accompanying symptoms like vaginal itching and discomfort.
If none of this is happening, stay happy and do not worry at all.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.