How to care myself when one is suffering from cold and cough very frequently?

Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 52 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your concern,

You must be having really troublesome cough and cold frequently, I can appreciate your problem, and following are my comments.

1) You may be allergic to dust, pollens and other mites. Please watch for those allergens and avoid them. Covering your nose with clean cloth / mask at times of exposure can prevent allergic symptoms.
2) Please get your blood count, stool routine and microscopy and serum IGE level. They can give more clues about allergy.
3) You may consult and discuss with an allergist to know and understand about the possible allergens causing your symptoms. Keep your immunity by good nutrition and hydration.
4) You can also take up some out door sport, yoga and meditation to help boost your immunity.
5) Please consult an ENT surgeon to exclude nasal conditions (such as deviated septum, hypertrophied turbinates and sinusitis). They are known to cause recurrent cold and cough.

Hope this information is useful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: How to care myself when one is suffering from cold and cough very frequently? 28 minutes later
I need a diet to improve my immunity against cold and cough ? KIndly suggest me some.
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

You should pay attention to your diet, as it helps to some extent.
1. Please make sure to take break fast daily - good mix of protein, complex carbohydrates and fresh fruits and dairy product like curd or milk.
2. Take adequate lunch and dinner and have regular lifestyle and also do not forget to have exercise regularly.

Please follow as I suggested in my answer and keep me informed about the progress.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available to address any other doubts that you may have.

Dr. Akhilesh dubey M.D.