How serious it is to have slightly elevated GGT levels with alcohol consumption?

how serious is a ggt level of 134 I drink too much alcohol
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: GGT slightly elevated,stop drinking alcohol... Detailed Answer: Hi, The normal levels of GGT are up to 100; it depends on the reference range of the laboratory. Yours is slightly elevated indicating that your liver is damaged by the alcohol use. I'd suggest to - do abdominal ultrasound to check for the presence of fatty liver - perform lipid panel test to check the levels of lipids in the blood - stop drinking alcohol - eat healthy - do more physical activity - lose weight if overweight. Hope it answered to your inquiries! If you have more questions, do not hesitate to contact me again at the next follow up. Dr.Klerida