How much of Allergex Elixir can I give to a child?

allergex elixir how much of allergex elixir can I give a 16 month old baby
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 27 minutes later

The dose for an 16 month old baby would be 1 mg or half a teaspoon ( one teaspoon contains 2 mg).

Allergex elixir contains the antihistamine chlorpheniramine which is used for allergic skin reactions, allergic rhinitis (runny nose, nasal congestion and sneezing as a result of an allergic response), allergic conjunctivitis ( redness and itching of the eyes that can also occur as a result of an allergy).
The side effect most commonly seen is drowsiness.
Very , very rarely it is associated with other side effects such as confusion, dizziness and diarrhoea.

You may want to consider speaking to your doctor to ensure that it is safe and appropriate treatment for the condition that you are treating.

I wish you well, I hope this answers your question, feel free to ask any additional question