How much famociclovir should be taken to cure herpes labialis?
User rating for this question
Sure thanks, I took 2 famociclovir 500 mg each one this am and one last pm for herpes outbreak on chin. Seems to be flaring up more now. Do I take another now or wait?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Better to wait Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually famciclovir single dose of 1500 mg or, 750 or 500mg twice a day are sufficient to treat herpes labialis. In case of recurrent episodes, increased dose may needed. Generally the advised dose of famciclovir depends on creatinine clearance. So, according to your age and history, the dose you have taken is sufficient. Possibly it may take some time for the symptoms to get controlled. Multivitamin and minerals tablets can help to some extent by increasing the immunity. If the symptoms persist or increase once consult your doctor. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: How much famociclovir should be taken to cure herpes labialis? 6 hours later
Thank you! Much appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Hi, You are welcome. Wish you speedy recovery. Take care.
People also viewed
- Fish smelling urine std
- Valtrex dosing for herpes labialis
- Hpv positive with a fishy smell
- High level of glucose in urine 36 weeks pregnant
- High creatinine levels prognosis
- Daktarin in treatment of herpes labialis
- High mcv itchy skin low back pain
- High prolactin and ayurveda
- Skin fishers on penis
- How much famociclovir should be taken to cure herpes labialis
- How to deal with herpes labialis
- Genital wart flaking of skin
- Symptoms for peeing a lot and fevers
- Valacyclovir for herpes labialis
- Honey increase motility