How much famociclovir should be taken to cure herpes labialis?

May 2013
Sure thanks, I took 2 famociclovir 500 mg each one this am and one last pm for herpes outbreak on chin. Seems to be flaring up more now. Do I take another now or wait?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Better to wait Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually famciclovir single dose of 1500 mg or, 750 or 500mg twice a day are sufficient to treat herpes labialis. In case of recurrent episodes, increased dose may needed. Generally the advised dose of famciclovir depends on creatinine clearance. So, according to your age and history, the dose you have taken is sufficient. Possibly it may take some time for the symptoms to get controlled. Multivitamin and minerals tablets can help to some extent by increasing the immunity. If the symptoms persist or increase once consult your doctor. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: How much famociclovir should be taken to cure herpes labialis? 6 hours later
Thank you! Much appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Hi, You are welcome. Wish you speedy recovery. Take care.