How much famociclovir should be taken to cure herpes labialis?
User rating for this question
Sure thanks, I took 2 famociclovir 500 mg each one this am and one last pm for herpes outbreak on chin. Seems to be flaring up more now. Do I take another now or wait?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Better to wait Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually famciclovir single dose of 1500 mg or, 750 or 500mg twice a day are sufficient to treat herpes labialis. In case of recurrent episodes, increased dose may needed. Generally the advised dose of famciclovir depends on creatinine clearance. So, according to your age and history, the dose you have taken is sufficient. Possibly it may take some time for the symptoms to get controlled. Multivitamin and minerals tablets can help to some extent by increasing the immunity. If the symptoms persist or increase once consult your doctor. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: How much famociclovir should be taken to cure herpes labialis? 6 hours later
Thank you! Much appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Hi, You are welcome. Wish you speedy recovery. Take care.
People also viewed
- Shortness of breath fatigue sore muscles and frequent headache
- Valtrex dosing for herpes labialis
- Hard bump inside vaginall entrance herpes
- Weird bumps on external vaginal area
- Intercourse after taking emergency contraceptive pill will i become pregnant
- Daktarin in treatment of herpes labialis
- Painless swelling on the penis should i be worried
- Cracked bumps on penis
- Child having cluster of blisters with fever excessive sweating
- How much famociclovir should be taken to cure herpes labialis
- How to deal with herpes labialis
- Std hard bump on face
- Herpes bumps on eyelid
- Valacyclovir for herpes labialis
- Positive for hepatitis b tests done advise