How many fetal movements should be perceived daily when 30 weeks pregnant?

Hi, I am 30 weeks pregnant and have had my last pre-natal visit on 17th January 2014 and everything seemed fine. Though I have been advised an ultrasound in week 32 to check for the baby's growth as I have been having high BP (which is currently controlled by 1000 mg Alphadopa and 75mg Ecoasprin) and also high value for sugar in GCT (161)- I'm on 1000 mg Metformin daily. I have been feeling my baby regularly, though for the last 2 days, the movements seem to be week- I do generally count the baby movements in the morning/afternoon and night which are 10 within 10-15 minutes. I would want to know is it okay to have high energy/spiked baby movements one day and then have weak or low intensity baby movements the next day? How should the baby movements be at this point in the pregnancy? Also, what all can go wrong at this point in the pregnancy and what are the warning signs of the same? Regards, XXXX
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: evaluation needed urgently Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to healthcare Magic! The reduced fetal movements are not good and must be evaluated by a local gynecologist with checking the fetal heart rate and if needed an ultrasound can be done. About 10 fetal movements should be perceived daily. Low fetal movements may be indicative of fetal distress at times. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!