How many days prior should I start taking Primolut N?

Mar 2016

Hello, I need your help to understand one thing. I am travelling for a vacation and my periods would come around the same time. How many days prior do I need to start taking the medicine for which I guess the name is Primolut N? Given below are the dates for your reference Last month start Date of Periods 1Nov13 Typically I get them 2 or 3 days in advance so expecting them by 29-Nov-13 My travel dates are from 28-Nov-13 to 3-Dec-13 Would await for your response Also not sure if this shall make a difference, but I had a consume I pill as an emergency contraceptive this month. Not sure if the medicine and this would be inter related.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 22 hours later
Brief Answer: START PRIMOLUT-N FROM TODAY. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. You would start taking NORETHISTERONE pill (like PRIMOLUT N) from today twice daily to postpone or delay period as your expected due date is around 29th Nov. Pill should be continued as long as you want to delay your period (max 14 days). On stopping them, you will get withdrawal bleeding (similar to period) within 5 to 7 days duration. I-pill (emergency contraceptive pill) can cause delayed period due to hormonal imbalance but it is quite unpredictable when your period will start. It may ruin your traveling. Therefore, it is better to take PRIMOLUT-N pill from today. Hope, it helps for your information. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion. Wish your good health and happy journey. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: How many days prior should I start taking Primolut N? 13 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for the response...since this can be very date specific I would be starting the medicine as on today 27-Nov-13. Also need to understand do I need to take the medicine post lunch and dinner or post breakfast in the morning should be fine??
Answered by Dr. S Patra 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. Yes, you would start above medicine from today and it should be taken after lunch and dinner to get effective result. Hope, it helps for you. Kindly, close the discussion and rate the answer. Regards, Dr Soumen