How long will withdrawl bleeding continue after taking Ipill and when will be the next menstrual period?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016
Excellent

OBGYN
Question
Period started 1st Dec....continued till 7th Dec.....failure of condom during 8th morning......ipill taken within 1 and half hour.....Started bleeding from 13th Dec.......initially flow was slow but subsequently very heavy and thick bleeding also....while it continued till 21st ...not stopping.....doctor advised to take Pause 500.....after that from 23rd morning bleeding reduced and stopped completely from 24th........Is it normal period???When the next menstrual period will come??
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. S Patra 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: YOUR NEXT PERIOD WILL BE DELAYED FOR 1 to 2 WEEKS. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. First of all, you did safe sex on 8th Dec i.e next day after period over. Taking I-pill within 1 & 1/2 hr after failure of condom gives more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy additionally. Second thing, you got withdrawal bleeding on 13th Dec due to effect of the pill. It is quite common and natural phenomena. Most women get this type of bleeding for 3 to 5 days. However, your bleeding was quite long & stopped after treatment with PAUSE. Lastly, your next period will be delayed for 1 to 2 weeks from original due date and you can consider that 13th Dec was the D1 of your previous cycle. Hormonal imbalance and mental stress are the main cause for late period. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and practice safe sex always. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: How long will withdrawl bleeding continue after taking Ipill and when will be the next menstrual period? 16 minutes later
Thanks for your reply.......So from your answer, I can consider that chance of pregnancy is nil?? So I need not be worried?? Am I correct? Regards

Answered by Dr. S Patra 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: CHANCE OF PREGNANCY IS ALMOST NIL. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. If you did sex on 8th Dec only, then there is NO chance of pregnancy if previous cycle was quite regular. In that case, you wouldn't be worried. Good luck and all the best. Kindly, close the discussion. Regards, Dr Soumen

Follow-up: How long will withdrawl bleeding continue after taking Ipill and when will be the next menstrual period? 3 minutes later
Previous cycles were regular ...even the last cycle was from 1st to 7th ....sex was only only on 8th......normal period is always around 5-7 days ..last cycle was also for 6 days. Hope no need to worry?? Regards

Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO NEED TO WORRY. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for additional information. In this case, you wouldn't be worried as there is NO chance of pregnancy at all. Regards, Dr Soumen