How long will it take for hair to grow back?

Dermatologist
Question
will my hair grpw back as i had earlier ? n how much time it will take?
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. You have not elaborated your hair problem. There could be many causes of hair fall like hereditary factors, hormonal factors, nutritional deficiency, illness, surgery, local scalp causes etc. I would Like to know since how long are you having hair fall. If its involving your front, Side, centre of scalp or if hair fall is diffuse. If you are having dandruff. If there is any history of illness, stress,surgery, nutritional deficiency Also upload an image of your scalp depicting hair fall. Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care

Follow-up: How long will it take for hair to grow back? 2 days later
i am working in steel industry in which i have to live in heat n dust ,so it is compulsary to were helmet .also in december 2012 i experienced a lot of physical exertion n after that i was experiencing hairfall i cant able to stop it.in march 2013 i suffered with high fever n process of hairfalling increases rapidly as i am hospitalised for two days . i lost most hairs on my top. then in september the rate of hairfall decreases n becomes normal. but in september i suffered from dengue fever which dosent affect my hairs mostly. now hairfall rate is normal but my hair strands becomes thin n density also decreased. my question is will i have hairs thick n dense as i had earlier? during this period daily diet also not good enough now after bath at least 7 hairs fall.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 23 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. Though wearing a helmet for long hours, fever, dengue can lead to hair fall but I believe its mainly due to genetic and hormonal factors( male pattern baldness). I have seen the images attached and hair fall is mainly from centre of scalp. To treat the same Take tablet androanagen or follihair new or tablet revilus daily Apply minoxdil amenixil combination ( amexdil 5 % or hair4 u 5% or adhair 5%) 1ml twice daily. Improve your diet. Take well balanced protein rich diet. Continue the same atleast for three months to increase hair density and thickness. Hope this helped. Take care

Follow-up: How long will it take for hair to grow back? 9 hours later
In my case after viewing images what may be reason as per u. And if i go through treatment apporoximately how much time it will take to regrow. (process of hair falling started in jan)

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 31 hours later
Brief Answer: it could be male pattern baldness Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back. In your case, the primary cause of hair loss is androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness. Please follow the treatment suggested in my previous post. As I have already mentioned, atleast three months would be required to see desirable response in terms of growth and individual strand thickness. Take care