How long does oxandrolon stay in the body?

Dear any endocronoligists!

I have been told that taking the drug oxandrolone when i was in early puberty (15 years ago) still has effect now via its maturing on the HPG axis. Another doctor said that any drug taken long time ago doeasnt have a legacy at cellular level NOW. Kindly could someone clarify . Thanks and Best Regards
Posted Thu, 10 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 6 days later
Oxandrolone is known to prevent normal growth in children as it causes premature closure of the bone ends where growth occus. Children who take oxandrolone may end up shorter than their counterparts. Thats why serial X rays are done for children who are prescribed these drugs.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have any more questions
Let me