How long do I need to wait to breastfeed after taking Lasix?

How long do I need to wait to breastfeed after taking 40 mg of Lasix one time oral dose and will it negatively affect my milk production after one time dose?
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Hi Katyushka,
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Furosemide is excreted into human milk and may inhibit lactation. Usually this is seen when the drug is taken for long period. Usually single dose wont affect milk production.
There are no reports of adverse effects in nursing infants through breast milk, so you can safely breastfeed your baby, as its half life is 2 hours, you can breastfeed your baby after 2 hours.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile