Ask a Urologist   »  

How is wrinkling of the glans penis treated ?

I am a 22 year old male, middle eastern. My penis is circumcised and dark and when flaccid, it usually looks very wrinkly. I have no other problems that I am aware of, however, I did have molluscum two years ago but was removed by my dermatologist. My crotch area is usually fine, sometimes it gets irritated and dry, but most of my body is very dry.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 22 minutes later
Hello, ‎

Thanks for the query. ‎

If you are referring to wrinkling of the glans penis (the circumcised part of the penis), then this could be due to damage of the vascular tissue of the glans penis (corpus spongiosum).

Usually a damage to the tissue will immediately set off a collagen scarring development. At first the collagen will be soft. But later it thickens and progresses to form grooves. Over some time this can cause a wrinkled appearance.

It is a problem that has to be addressed properly (better in the early stages) to avoid further complications.

You might consult a urologist who can examine you and provide proper treatment to it, which may include removal of the scarred part of the penis.

In the specific case a combination of AM-HGH, a Multi-A, A-Amino, and Ultra-Purified-FishOil will increase the blood flow to the penis, and improve for scar tissue dissolvement and healing.

Hot wraps will also prove to be beneficial.

For any condition to be treated, a proper diagnosis is essential, and for this a visual examination of the lesion would be helpful. Hence it would be very helpful to me, to guide you accordingly if you can provide me images illustrating your condition.

You can upload images of the lesions in the right side of the query box, which after going through would help me in suggesting you better. You can also email it to me at YYYY@YYYY with the instruction ATTN: Dr. ANVEKAR in the subject line.

Please do confirm by writing here about the uploading of the photo as to suggest you at the earliest.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after going through the photo.

Awaiting your response.