How is vaginal bleeding treated ?

General Surgeon
hello doctor, i was suffering from vaginal itching and some creamish discharge (very little,no odour) and my doctor suggested me to take fas-3 kit. i have taken fluconazole 1tab in the morning and azithromycin 1 tab in the afernoon. but after taking azithormycin tab i developed severe gastric pain in my abdomen and had loose motion. i also found that there was blood discharge from my vagina. no clue if i need to take the 3rd tab i.e. secnidazole in the night? i am very scared. plz help me.i am 28yrs old, married woman.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 11 minutes later

It is drug induced problem & side effect of drug, so don't consume more antibiotics like Azithromycin, as you already taken plenty of antibiotics. It may deplete some good bacteria in the stomach.

For stomach pain you can take antacids in either tablets or gel form. For loose motion Tab Sporlac is sufficient. Vaginal bleeding will stop once you stop antibiotics. Secnidazole is used for anaerobic bacteria, you can take, but not empty stomach.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”