How is numbness in hands and feet treated ?

Should I take my husband to the er now he is experiencing
numbness and tingling in his hands and feet and also toes are colder than rest of body, He recently did bath salts the synthetic drug
He is 55 weights 170 and high cholesterol is his only condition but is treated by medication
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Having numbness in hands and feet is the mildest effect of bath salts and it indicates that he inhaled the salts in small quantity only.

There is no specific drug to reverse its effects. These symptoms will subside gradually with time. The only thing you need to take care is to keep him well hydrated and give him plenty of fluids to flush out the drugs from his system through urine.

If you see worsening of the symptoms than regression then I do consider taking him to the ER would be a better and needy option.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.