What is the cure for pain due to failed hip replacement?

Nov 2013

Hi I have been diagnosed with fibromialgia following long term chronic pain caused by a misdiagnosed failed hip replacement.At present I am suffering costant zinging in my hands,unbearable pain in my forearms.Also the right leg is extremely painful in the back of the knee and down into the calf muscle, much similar in the left leg so painful I find it difficult to walk. I easily get upset and stressed. This increases the nerves zinging in my hands and theunbearable pain in my forearms is magnified. I was knocked over by a cattle beast recently and suffered whipplash injuries which have created tightness and pain in my neck. I get terrible pressure behind my eyes and my eyesite is effected. There is times when i have tremendous pressure pain in the sides of my neck like I am being choked.My bowel is extremely sensitive and irritable all on or off.I can't sleep without sleeping tablets. The pain in my body flares up with hard physical work or in times of high emotional stress.
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your symptoms and case history. It is unfortunate that you have severe pain in most parts of body and have been diagnosed to have fibromyalgia. I hope MRI of spine has been done, and nerve compression in the neck and lower back have been excluded. There are good treatments available for treating fibromyalgia. Medications that are helpful in relieving nerve pain include pregabalin, duloxetine and milnacipran. In addition, physiotherapy including IFT/ultrasound/heat treatments would also help. Massage to painful areas would be helpful. Dipping the body in a warm water pool (balneotherapy) is very effective too. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: