How is leucorrhoea prevented ?

Hi I have been suffering from extra discharge that makes it completly impossible to have intercourse I can't feel anything and neither can he. I am 20 and it has been for about 6 months now I havent had intercourse and have tried caneston pessery and herbal pesseries but nothing has worked. It gets everywhere on my underwear and is so much inside it makes me feel like im loose inside aswell. When i went to my gp about a month or two after it wouldn't stop they took tests and said no yeast infection and no other infection your fine go home. But I am not fine this has never happened before! I've been sexually active from 18 and never before. PLEASE HELP
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 8 hours later

Thanks for your query

Excessive vaginal discharge or leucorrhoea can be due Vaginitis, Cervicitis and Endometritis.
As you have undergone the tests for Vaginitis and according to doctor the reports are negative so it can be a Cervical erosion.

Genital tuberculosis and anemia can also cause discharge.

You should get complete blood profile done including VDRL and TB IgG , IgM.

Please discuss with your GP or consult a Gynecologist regarding the above investigations. Please write back the reports after getting these investigations done to provide you with specific suggestions.

Regarding intercourse, it can be due to stress and infection.

Take care of your general health.

You should start doing perineal exercises by holding the pelvic floor muscles tight.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after knowing the results of the above said investigations.

Awaiting your response.