How is high BP controlled ?

BP is 144/85. pulse 92. 40 Male. should I be worried tonight?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 20 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

Well the readings are not XXXXXXX needing no ER visit now, you can wait for one or two days recheck the parameters and then plan a visit.

Just try to avoid stressful conditions which can give you temporary readings ones not helping to asses your baseline values and the underlying conditions resulting in such readings.Do take rest and then get the parameters checked.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: How is high BP controlled ? 13 minutes later
I have a monitor here at home. I usually range pulse in the high 70s and high 130s over high 80s. I have Taken Bayer AM 3X today for headaches and generic Zyrtec-D. So is that maybe my fault?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for your follow up,

No , neither of the drugs you mentioned affect the BP and the heart rate.

The exact underlying cause can be made out once the pattern in the variation of the parameters is determined.I would advice you to remove the influences of stress and physical strain by avoiding heavy physical work and adopting relaxation exercises like meditation.