How is cervical spondylottic changes in the spine treated ?

Hello, I'm a 19 year old male and recently I've been experiencing weakness in my right shoulder and tingling in my feet. I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder and as of two weeks ago was put on paroxetine to help manage this. This was going fine until a week ago when I began to experience intense muscle spasms and pins and needles in my extremities. I went to the hospital who then sent me to a GP who sent me for blood tests.. They all came back clear. Symptoms were improving up until a couple of days when things began to stagnate. As mentioned, I have incessant tingling in my feet and still minor weakness in my right arm. I'm very concerned that this could be a sign of MS or any other neurological disorder. What is your opinion and should I be concerned?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later

The tingling and weakness in your arm can be due to cervical spondylottic changes in the spine. The other problems of muscle spasms or pins and needles may be due to spine related problems like nerve compression.

The best way to diagnose will be to go for an MRI of whole spine to diagnose the organic causes.

As the problem is gradually increasing, organic causes must be ruled out after detailed examination by a neurologist and proper investiagtions before attributing the symptoms to anxiety.

MS does not seem to be on the top of my list of probable reasons for your symptoms.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.