How is candidal intertrigo treated ?

General Surgeon
Left foot between big toe, second and third toe, skin red patchy, peeling, incredibl itchy, gone on for weeks, now I notice little bumps with wite top that can peel off
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 5 hours later

Red patchy , itching and peeling skin in between toes suggest Intertrigo.In your case it appear to be candidal intertrigo ,(an infection of two approximating skin surfaces ).It can be due to viral,bacterial of fungal infection ,as it is covered with white top that can peel off so appear more to be candidal ,(a type of fungus ) infection . If untreated it can persist for long time.It can be treated with local application of some ointment along with systemic medicine.Evaluation from dermatologist appear to be a better solution

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”