How is advanced multiple myeloma treated ?

Good day, My friend has advanced multiple myeloma with an astonishing remission on Revlomid/prednisone. He recently underwent successful bilateral cataract surgery, but after only a few weeks one of the lenses has clouded over, presumed to be due to protein deposits.
Is this problem directly related to the abnormal proteins present in the blood of subjects with M.M.?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later

The clouding of implanted lenses usually takes years in a normal subject which has happened too early in your friend.

The cause can be a long standing steroid therapy or the chemotherapy your friend is taking.

The myeloma protein as such is very unlikely to get deposited on the implanted lens as your friend is is recovering fast and they do not usually penetrate the inner chamber of eye.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.