How does vardenafil work compared with viagra and cialis?

Question
how does vardenafil compare with viagra and cialis
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Omer 31 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

All these drugs allows erectile function to occur by relaxation of penile smooth muscle.

These drugs are known as PDE5( Phosphodiestrase ) inhibitors and are sildenafil, tadalafil, and vardenafil .

PDE5 therapy are effective in those with prostate cancer,Benign prostate enlargement , diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.

Sildenafil and vardenafil show some interaction with food intake.

Time to onset of action is usually 30-120 minutes of all these drugs.

The duration of action of sildenafil and vardenafil is about 4 hours, whereas that of tadalafil is about 36 hours.

The overall safety of the treatments is good, even in patients with a history of cardiovascular disease.

However, there is a risk of hypotension if nitrates are given concurrently.
Maximum side effects of heart problems and low blood pressure are with vardenafil, and minimum with tadalafil, and intermediate with sildenafil.

Common side-effects include headache, facial flushing, nasal congestion, and dyspepsia occur in all PDE 5 (phosphodiesterase inhibitor) inhibitors.

I hope this helps.

Feel free to ask any further questions.

Take care,