How does the muscle pain occur in the lower back due to sitting?

Lower back pain
Hi Doctor, i am having frequent pain in my lower back maybe due to incorrect sitting positions. One day I applied capsidol and the pain was gone. So i am guess the pain is mearly a muscle pain. Should i be worried? Are there any tests i should undergo?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 27 minutes later
Hi Ajaj,

Thanks for posting your query

Some of the most common cause of lower back pain are strain,injury,conditions of bone and joints etc.Pain due to any underlying disorder usually occurs after 40's.In your case it seems the pain is of strain due to incorrect posture as you do not have any other symptoms and pain was relieved by topical medications.
Some suggestions:
If you have desk job always sit in proper posture and take a break every hour.Just stand and stretch your body or a short walk.
Ensure that your bed has adequate supportive couch.
Do not life heavy objects as it would put strain on the back.
Apply hot packs for the pain relief 3 to 4 times in a day.
Do some form of exercise or yoga daily.

If the back pain is persistent or the symptoms worsen you might require evaluation by an Orthopaedic and Physiotherapy Exercises for relief.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.