How do I bring down my high blood pressure?

My blood pressure is extremely high, no amount of meds they give, doesn't bring it down. I was never sick a day until a year ago, I was diagnosed with conjestive heart failure/fibulation. They have me on 200 Mg Pacerone, 40 mg Lisinopril, 160 mg Diovan, 50 mg Metropolol plus others. I am desperate. I am 77, 5'2", 160 lbs
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

I do understand the agony you’re going through. Sometimes it is really difficult to control the blood pressure even with the use of the maximum dose of several drugs. However, in my clinical practice, I have seen that the use of 2 drugs helps me control the blood pressure of a large number of patients where others have failed to do so.

These are spironolactone and prazosin. For the exact dosage and titration, you’ll need to talk to your physician/cardiologist. I sincerely hope that with the use of these 2 your blood pressure should come under control.

Spironolactone is a potassium sparing diuretic and prazosin is a centrally acting anti-hypertensive drug.

Simultaneously, you’ll need to ensure that the salt and fluid intake is restricted as a liberal use of the two can interfere in the control of the blood pressure.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.