How can injured clitoris be treated ?

i believe i am unable to love anymore it seems like god is against me. When i was younger i had an accident i was sliding down a hill and a nail cut my clitoris. now i fear that i will never be able to feel anything again and cant feel anything at the moment. I see a therapist regularly but cannot dsicuss this with him at present. Also i see a psychartrist every couple of months and i am taking olanzapine. would you be able to help me as i feel god is against me and is punishing me
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh, 4 hours later

The ability to love and being loved has little to do with sexual organs. I agree clitoris is an important organ for sexual arousal and satisfaction, but it is not the only part that can help you have a satisfying experience.

If the clitoris was injured, it will be advisable to get a Gynecologist's opinion regarding the extent of the damage.

If you think the issue is creating a disturbance in your mind, and is affecting your progress with the therapy, you can go ahead and discuss it with the therapist. You will have to judge if this issue is separate to what is being discussed in the therapy sessions. It certainly looks like you may need to discuss this with your therapist. You have a belief that God is punishing you and is against you. You need to explore more about this belief with the help of the therapist.

Antipsychotic medication may also lead to reduced sexual interest. If you feel that your sexual interest has reduced, you can certainly talk to your psychiatrist about it. The primary psychological condition for which you are taking the medicine may also be responsible for the reduced sexual interest. However, if the sexual interest is good, you can talk with a Gynecologist regarding clitoris damage.

I hope this helps. I would be glad to help you more.