How can a solitary pimple in a five year old be treated?

My 5 year old grand-daughter has one pimple on her face (cheek). It is the size of a small pea and is getting to be dark red. It seems to come to a head but never actually does. (If that makes sense). She has had it for at least 8 months. We thought that it would take care of itself and did not want to make things worse. I have tried peroxide on it and it seems to help a bit but not enough. I have also tried a "draw out salve". Again it seemed to help a bit but not enough. What other "over the counter" remedies can I try? My daughter does not have great insurance so I want to keep the cost down for her.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 16 hours later

Pimple is unusual at 5 years of age and to occur as a solitary lesion. There are many things which can occur and only on examination one can conclude as to what it is.

Please send a picture of the pimple to YYYY@YYYY , SUB:"ATTN Dr.P V S Prasad".Kindly reply here after you post the same.

However you may apply Mupirocin(antibacterial) cream over it for two weeks.Please check if it is available as an "over the counter " medicine with the Pharmacist.If not, it is prudent to consult a doctor if needed to decide on future course and treatment.

I do not think any home measures would be helpful.

I am available for follow ups.