Ask a Urologist   »  

How can I cure inability to retract foreskin?

Hello Doctor,
Sir, I took some herbal medicine for spondelysis , After some days my foreskin stop retracting and now I am suffering from adult semi phimosis. Some dark spot are appeared from inside of skin. I consulted local doctor. He prescribed Tablet omnacortil-10 (prednisolone-IP 10mg,) Capsule Omez 20mg, Tab Dasone and ointment Tacrotor(Tacrolimus- 0.3 mg)
and also told some pathological test TLC/DLC, blood suger and bilimigin. Results awaited. I am taking above medicine for last 9 days but no improvement. What should I do?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later

Inability to retract the foreskin is usually due to contracture of the foreskin secondary to any injury or infection. It is not likely to be associated with the herbal preparation you took for spondylosis.

The blood tests have been done to rule out any possible infections.

Treatment of phimosis skin involves application of vitamin E creams and steroids - like the ones you are already taking.

Personal hygiene is very important. Clean under a retractable foreskin and always reduce it to cover the glans after cleaning.

If symptoms persist then surgical treatment like 'circumcision' and 'preputioplasty' may be required.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist and get the screening tests for STD's done if you have history of unprotected sexual intercourse.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.