How can I control worry thoughts?

I having been having trouble sleeping due to worry .How can I control worry thoughts?
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 50 minutes later
The anxiety can be a personality trait and can be usual stress of life.
The problems with anxiety are lack of confidence, trembling, social phobias, inability to sleep- onset and maintenance, lack of concentration, decreased appetite etc.
Lack of sleep usually comes very early in the complaints and it is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety state.
The treatment involves a detailed study of the factor in day to day life and to avoid them. A psychiatrist help for counselling and behaviour therapy along with prescription of anxiety medicines which are also quite helpful in soothing the mind and help sound sleep.
Improve your routine, avoid coffee, tea and alcohol if you are having any.
Include a regular exercise in your daily schedule, physical exercise is a great stress beater and would restore the rhythm of life along-with providing a good health.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.