How can I abort an early pregnancy at home? Suggest medication?

Question
please suggest me a medicine to be taken at home to abort a one and a half month pregnancy.....
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 32 minutes later
It is not advisable to take abortion pill without the consultation and examination by local doctor. These pills have side effects like excessive bleeding and sometimes one may require surgical cleaning of uterus if excessive bleeding persists. If abortion is incomplete then the risk of infection etc persists and again surgical evacuation of uterus is required. By examination and certain investigations like ultrasound of uterus, doctor checks whether you are suitable candidate for pill or not. Then under supervision patients are given abortion pill and after 2 weeks are asked to come in follow- up to make sure that abortion is complete.
Therefore my suggestion for you is consult your local Gynecologist for medical abortion.

Best wishes

Follow-up: How can I abort an early pregnancy at home? Suggest medication? 16 hours later
i can't go to a doctor, so please recommend me a medicine regarding my query...please it's a request ,
Follow-up: How can I abort an early pregnancy at home? Suggest medication? 4 hours later
i got a misunderstanding ,,,am sorry.... my pregnancy time is 3 weeks and i can't visit a doctor right now due to some family issues.
so please recommend me a medicine for my abortion or any natural treatment.
i l be really thankfull....

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 2 hours later
For abortion mifepritone (200) is taken after meal. After 36 hrs of mifepristone, misoprostol 400mg is taken orally under supervision of local Gynecologist.
Ultrasound scan is done after 2 weeks of medicine intake to see whether the abortion is complete or not.

can mt-pill be taken for this?

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 18 hours later
MT PILL contains mifepristone and misoprostol, it is used for medical abortion .

Follow-up: How can I abort an early pregnancy at home? Suggest medication? 39 hours later
when does bleeding start after the first dose of mt pill?

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 10 hours later
It usually starts 6-12 hrs after second dose.

Follow-up: How can I abort an early pregnancy at home? Suggest medication? 6 hours later
is it important to take the second dose after 36 hours? can this dose be taken after 46 hours of the first dose? if not then how much time it can be delayed after the first dose?

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 27 minutes later

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination.

The usual schedule is to take second dose after 36- 48 hrs of first medicine. It is not advisable to delay more than that.

Follow-up: How can I abort an early pregnancy at home? Suggest medication? 29 hours later
hi
after how many hours of the second dose i have to take the third dose of mt pill?

I understand your apprehension, but for safe and complete abortion it is essential to XXXXXXX a competent gynaecologist. The process of abortion needs to be monitored by a qualified expert.

For your information, abortion pills are usually prescribed in 2 doses. There is no third dose. Bleeding usually starts after the first dose and as explained in my first reply repeat ultrasound abdomen is done to confirm successful abortion after 2 weeks. If any products are left behind, it is evacuated manually by a simple procedure. As the whole procedure isn't simple, it is essential that a qualified doctor supervises it.

Hence I encourage you to visit your doctor. I will not be able to assist you here on this forum. Please consult your doctor.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.