Ask a Urologist   »  

How are pearly penile papules treated ?

I have little white pimples on the head of my penis Dat come and go alot and the skin on the shaft when I rub it, it peels into like this white moist substance my skin does not burn or itch nd its not even red what can this be?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 2 hours later

Thank you for the query,

What you have possibly is PEARLY PENILE PAPULES. It is absolutely normal to have this. It is nothing but tiny sebaceous glands(oil producing glands).

They look like small raised flesh colored to white colored round lesions over the coronal area of penis. They may also secrete small amount of waxy material, which can and should be washed frequently.
They usually develop during the puberty and may persist till adult hood.

It has no relations to any sexually transmitted diseases.

And one does not require any treatment for this.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.

Dr.Bharat Chawda