How are bronchitis attacks treated ?

dear docs a non smoker 29 year old male
2 weeks ago i smoked hooka with friends
few days later i devolped cough productive
last week thursady i couldnt sleep from the cough
and i tried to force the sputum i eneded up forcing vomiting
next morning sputum was brown with streaks of blood then clears the rest of the day
i got worried so i went to a doc and asked for x XXXXXXX
finding : congested both pulmonary hilar shadows with accentuated vascular markings at both paracardic reigons denoting bronchitis.
no consolidation pneumonic or definite pulmonary nodules at either lungs.
patent costophrenic angels.
heart shadow average size

i was givin azithromax for 3 days
its been a week now since x rays

cough is better but there is still blood mixed with sputum only when i wake up the rest of days its clear.

should i be concerned ? should i ask for another xray or CT?

i have GERD cant cause this bronchitis
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Goyal 10 minutes later

From the details provided by you, it appears that you might be suffering from an attack of bronchitis which was treated appropriately.

The point of my concern is that you are still having streaks of blood in sputum which is rare in bronchitis but sometimes present.

I recommend you to go for an repeat chest X-ray and discuss with your doctor to check whether there are any fresh changes or not.

Please don't get panic. If there are some lesions in fresh chest X-ray, then I would like you to go for fiber Optic Bronchoscopy.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Follow-up: How are bronchitis attacks treated ? 2 hours later
hi doc
i did another xray 1 week later there slight improvment and same picture
blood seems less but not sure
only when i wake up

can i upload my xray ?
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Goyal 2 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

It is good to know that the repeat X XXXXXXX showed improvements, which are the signs of improvement.

You can continue with the treatment as advised by your treating doctor and hope to see you fine very soon.

Yes, you can upload the X XXXXXXX You can do it yourself as you have a feature of uploading photos and documents in the right side of the query box. And do please confirm by writing here regarding the uploading of the X XXXXXXX as to answer you at the earliest.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a speedy recovery.