Horizontal wisdom tooth. Removal was suggested. How much does it pain while removal?
User rating for this question
I have a horizontal wisdom tooth in the right lower side.My dentist had asked me to get it removed as it can put pressure on other healthy tooths.I am scared to get it removed at it is under the bone and has not come up.How much does it pain if I decide to remove it?I heared they cut the bone and then remove the tooth.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 42 minutes later
Thanks for your query.
Horizontal wisdom tooth as right pointed can exert pressure on other healthy teeth/gum causing pain, further they can also produce other dental health problems like tooth decay, gum problems, recurrent mouth infections or an abscess (a collection of pus) on your gums or around your wisdom teeth.
Getting it removed is optimal both to reduce pain and prevent other dental problems.
1. As far as the pain during removal, you will be given anesthetic shots before the procedure which will block pain sensation significantly and you may only feel a sting.
2. Secondly if the tooth is deeply impacted in the bone then only there is a need to cut some part of the bone so that the tooth can be easily removed. This bone will grow back in few weeks and things will become fine.
3. Also after the procedure your dentist will prescribe you antibiotics to prevent infection and anti-inflammatory and analgesic to help relieve the pain.
I understand your apprehension and I appreciate your efforts to seek help here. I hope this information is useful and reassuring. If you still are concerned, you can further discuss your apprehensions with the dentist and if needed he may prescribe you some anti anxiolytics to overcome your fear before the procedure.
Let me know you have any further concerns.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery.
Take care and Regards
People also viewed
- Inflamed gum and bump on gum
- Hard bump outside of gums
- Is ear pain connected to wisdom tooth removal
- Eye pain strain wisdom tooth removal
- Is noroxin used in the treatment of e. coli enteritis ?
- One combiflam everyday for pain after wisdom tooth removal
- Can i take dramamine less drowsy for balance disorder ?
- Bumps above front tooth
- Is nexium used in the treatment of erosive esophagitis?
- Can i take azithromycin dose pack for bronchopneumonia ?
- Two year old got bumps on tongue
- Large painful bump on gum healthy teeth
- Pain in tonsils after wisdom tooth removed
- Palpitating pain after tooth removal
- Can xarelto cure deep vein thrombosis, recurrent event?