Homosexuality, attraction towards males, wish for a married life. Change sexual orientation?

Dear Dr,

33 aged male from Kerala here. My problem is i don't have any sexual attraction towards Males. I wish to enjoy with males, that too i wish to take the role of a female. Now I realize that this is not fair and i want to become a heterosexual man and also wish to have a married life.

Wish to know whether treatment is available for changing my sexual orientation and from where can i get the best treatment for the same. Hope you will advise me.

Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     33 year old male
•     Concern related to homosexuality

You appear to have homosexual orientation from the information provided by you. Homosexuality is not physical but psychological disorder because of which laws are being changed all over the world gradually to provide it legal status. It is just a sexual orientation.

Sexual orientation can be of three types:
•     Heterosexuality: liking for opposite sex
•     Homosexuality: liking for same sex
•     Bisexuality: comfortable with both sex

Prevalence of Homosexuality is around 2-4% in India and in some western countries it is more than 5%. Sexual orientation cannot be change and as this is not a disorder, so do not worry about its treatment. But it is commonly associated with anxiety, depression, adjustment disorder, self harm and isolation because of social complication as you must have been facing. So stop accepting it as an illness and accept yourself as you are naturally.

Also be aware of sexually transmitted disease and AIDS as it is very common with homosexuality because of unprotected intercourse.

Final message to you: Do not worry about symptoms, work on acceptance of your natural sexual orientation, read about it and counselling from psychologist in much distress.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Homosexuality, attraction towards males, wish for a married life. Change sexual orientation? 30 hours later
Dear Dr,

Thanks for your reply.
I have the following queries too.
1) How can I change this sexual orientation and lead a married life.
2) Can you refer some doctors name so that I can consult him
Follow-up: Homosexuality, attraction towards males, wish for a married life. Change sexual orientation? 3 minutes later
3) Medicines to be taken for this.
4) is it due to any chemical change in brain or why did it happen for me
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 13 hours later

Thanks for follow up,

It is not possible to change homosexual orientation but in presence of Bisexual orientation (comfortable with both sex) some people are able to lead normal marital life.

For further counselling you can visit nearby psychiatrist or psychologist.There are patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor.You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
Medications are not much useful in your case.

Yes, it is because of chemical changes in brain. It is not fault.

wishing you good health.