Hit my cheek hard and having a black eye. Hard lump and slight bruising. Suggest the treatment?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
hello i hit my cheek hard no pain black eye next morning been 2 weeks hard lump on cheek notice it has has slight bruising on bottom of lump no pain blackeye is pain on cheek will it heal on own
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. It will heal.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
The lump on your cheek is likely to be a small collection of blood that has become a solid mass shortly after your injury. This is quite common and is nothing to worry about. The concern with a blow to the cheek is a fracture. However, there would be pain if this was the case so this is unlikely to have occurred. The lump may remain for over a week and be slow to resolve but should eventually disappear completely.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,