Hit back neck while ice skating. Having dizzy and pain. Normal?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I fell ice skating and hit my back neck and head really hard! When I fell something when up my spine from my lower back all the way to my head! I have been dizzy and in pain from the back of my head since then! My back also has been hurting me but my neck the worst? Also it has been hard to concentrate .... . Is that normal after a fall like that?
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
It seems that your spine has suffered an injury due to the impact of fall. The extreme pain and dizziness is not normal and is likely to be related to a cervical spine injury.
You need to consult an orthopedician who will order an MRI of spine for proper diagnosis and further treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.