History of miscarriage, belly is not swollen any longer, no cramping or bleeding. Normal?

I am five weeks pregnant. This is my second pregnancy. The first one was ten years ago. I have had two miscarriages in the past year. I have had my progesterone levels and beta levels checked and they were going up and doubling respectively as of last week. My belly was also quite large which I attributed to being my second pregnancy not counting the miscarriages. Today however when I woke up my belly is completely gone and I am a bit worried. I do not have any cramping or bleeding. Is it normal to look about 3 months pregnant one day and then look not pregnant the next??

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 39 minutes later
It is surprising how you describe the belly disappearing. It cannot happen suddenly.
Up to 12 weeks of pregnancy uterus is totally intrapelvic means limited up to your pubic bone. After 12 weeks it starts growing inside your abdomen.
At present you are having 5 weeks pregnancy & your fetus just measures 6-7 mm.
So it does not matter whether your belly is coming out or going in, main thing is your progesterone & beta-HCG levels which are increasing normally.
Have a proper rest & consult your gynaecologist regularly.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, then please close the discussion by rating it.

Dr.Monika choudhary