History of esophageal spasms. Blockage in one artery. Taking carafate, anaspaz and Xanax. Treatment?

I have attacks of esophageal spasms for many yrs from time to time now I have moderate blockage in one artery. The pain I experience
Is in
the exact center of my chest & feel like it goes straight thru my back. I get very anxious . I suffer from anxiety anyway . I can usual get the
chest discomfort eased by taking carafate , anaspaz & Xanax. I am good health otherwise. Over weight but no diabetes , etc I exercise n a gym & walk 3 times a week. My blood pressure run about 123/72. My heart rate is slow usually 58 to 60, my Cholesterol total is below 200 hdl 63 . My dad was 87 & my mom was 90 when they died.

Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would suggest you that whatever history you are giving has two possibilities .

One is you are having diffuse oesophageal spasms that is leading to chest pain . Second is you are having attacks of acute gastritis that is leading to the problem .

Since you have allergy to proton pump inhibitors they cannot be recommended .
You can try ranitidine 150 mg twice a day .But you need to consult your treating doctor and get a Upper GI endoscopy done and then take the treatment according to his advise .

Dr. Shruti